Snapchat boasts 200 million active users who share 9000 snaps every second, and is estimated to generate ad revenues totalling almost $1 Billion in 2017.
Snapchat has become one of the fastest growing social media platforms to reach the ranks of Facebook and Twitter. However, Snapchat differentiates itself from these social media giants by being immediate, fast paced and ever changing, all by allowing you to send 10 second photos or videos: sharing a brief moment with someone anywhere in the world.
Brands are now capitalising on Snapchat’s power and it’s ability to make advertising seem more integrated and natural than traditional TV advertising, while allowing for cheap content production and far reach.
These are our top 5 favourite ways to use Snapchat effectively:
- Teasers. Customers love watching unseen or exclusive content, and teasers are a great way to show behind the scenes content of your brand. Teasers allow your customers to connect to your brand on a personal level and can generate buzz around new products and ideas before their official launch.
- Live Events. Allow your audience to take part in events even if they aren’t able to be there and increase the impact of your efforts beyond your physical attendees.
- Offers and promotions. Through Snapchat you can send snaps of offers, which your customers can then screenshot to use either in store or online. Generating engagement and interactivity can also be achieved by implementing two way competitions in which the customer sends back a snap as a competition entry.
- Story telling. It can be quite difficult to deliver your brand’s message on social media in a unique and interesting way that keeps your customers entertained. ‘My Story’ on Snapchat allows you to deliver your audience an accessible, creative, and engaging message by adding a series of snaps (videos) only visible to users for 24 hours.
- GeoFilters. Promote engagement and generate social buzz with Snapchat Geofilters, specifically On-Demand Geofilters, which are essentially art graphics that lay over a snap. When Snapchatters in the location of your choice take a Snap, they’ll be able to select your Geofilter and use it to explain where, when, and why they took the Snap.
Snapchat successfully targets young millennials and delivers brand messages in an honest, raw and authentic way, thus increasing your brand’s credibility.
360 Cre8ive Enterprises provides a diverse range of social media management services to deliver your brand differently.
360 Cre8ive Enterprises is a Communications, Digital Design and Public Relations consultancy - based in Townsville with a national reach. Contact us today, for more information.